One of the pleasures of Isa’s Kitchen is finding new ways to reconstruct default dishes and introducing new elements that would tease each taste bud into appreciating an old dish in a new way. Such was the joy of creating Buttered rice, Tomato Curry and Honey Glazed Chicken. This meal was whipped up in less than 30 minutes (hello hungry people), and it is really healthy. For the non-experimental eater, this would make the perfect tiptoe into something new. Want to try it? Check out the ingredients, shop your ingredients at Foodtrolley and whip yours up, we promise it would only take 30 minutes!
- Tomato puree
- Ginger-garlic paste
- Crushed red pepper
- Chicken seasoning
- Vegetable oil
- Soy sauce
DIRECTION (Tomato curry)
- Grease the pan with vegetable oil
- Add sliced onions, ginger-garlic paste and tomato puree
- Spice with salt, paprika, curry and chicken seasoning.
DIRECTION (BUTTERED RICE)
- Parboil the rice for about 10 minutes
- Melt the butter in a separate pan, once it’s golden brown, add the garlic.
- Pour the melted butter into the steamed rice and mix.
DIRECTION (HONEY GLAZED CHICKEN)
- Chop the chicken into sizes that you prefer
- Lubricate it with olive oil
- Create a mix of soy sauce and honey
- Spice to taste with paprika, chicken seasoning and salt.
- Glaze with the honey and soy sauce mix.
- Massage it in.
- Bake in 450 degrees heat till it is golden brown
- Garnish with parsley leaves